Smoky Barbecue Sauce
My mother has been relying on this recipe for years. We especially enjoy it on a beef brisket. Carla Holland, Oktaha, Oklahoma
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Liquid Smoke
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil over
- medium heat, stirring often. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for
- 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 44 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 375 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.