Smoky Barbecue Sauce Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Liquid Smoke
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoons: 44 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 375mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Smoky Barbecue Sauce
"Very good. easy to make. I make extra and keep it in the refrigerator for when I need it."
"YUM! Why don't we always make BBQ sauce instead of buying it?I pan-fried the onions first in a bit of oil until they were tender, before adding to the sauce. Only used half the amount of Tabasco sauce, and next time wouldn't use any - just a bit too hot for my liking. Went well over grilled pork tenderloin and was easy to make."
"I totally agree with thishungering. I used the full amount of liquid smoke and 1 heaping tsp onion powder instead of chopped onion. We like spicy food so I would either add more hot pepper sauce next time or add a tsp of cayenne. I also used it on pork ribs I had cooked in a slow cooker all day and shredded. It was awesome! Definitely a keeper."
"Love this sauce! Tastes so much better than bottled BBQ sauce. Used it to make shredded BBQ chicken sandwiches, everyone loved them!"