Smoky Barbecue Sauce Recipe
My mother has been relying on this recipe for years. We especially enjoy it on a beef brisket. —Carla Holland, Oktaha, Oklahoma
- 2-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Liquid Smoke
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 44 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 375 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC