My mother has been relying on this recipe for years. We especially enjoy it on a beef brisket. —Carla Holland, Oktaha, Oklahoma
- 2-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Liquid Smoke
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Smoky Barbecue Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p232
Reviews for Smoky Barbecue Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review