Smoky Baked Beans Recipe
They’ll be standing in line for this saucy bean recipe, full of campfire flavor. A variation on colorful calico beans, it makes a great side dish with all your cookout favorites.—Lynne German, Cumming, Georgia
- 1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (31 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the beans, tomatoes and sausage mixture. In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, steak seasoning and Liquid Smoke if desired. Stir into bean mixture.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until heated through. Yield: 16 servings.
3/4 cup equals 244 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 896 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC