- 1-1/2 pounds fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 to 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 3 cups sugar
- Place half of the strawberries in a food processor; process until pureed. Chop remaining strawberries.
- In a large saucepan, combine strawberries, lemon peel, lemon juice, peppers and salt. Stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into five hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4 in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 5 half-pints.
Originally published as Smoky & Sweet Strawberry Chipotle Jam in Taste of Home April/May 2016, p79
Reviews for Smoky & Sweet Strawberry Chipotle Jam
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 10, 2016
"Delicious sweet heat in a jam. This was my first attempt at making jam. The recipe was easy to follow and the results were fantastic! I have given two jars away already for birthday gifts along with kitchen towels. Big Hit. This is a keeper!"