“Nearly everybody loves deviled eggs, and this variation has a nice kick. You can’t go wrong bringing these to a party or potluck.”—Jan Roberts, San Pedro, California
- 12 hard-cooked large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Minced fresh cilantro
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Add the mayonnaise, chipotle peppers, capers, mustard, salt and white pepper; mix well. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Smokin' Hot Deviled Eggs in Taste of Home February/March 2011, p21
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Smokin' Hot Deviled Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review