Smokin' Hot Deviled Eggs
“Nearly everybody loves deviled eggs, and this variation has a nice kick. You can’t go wrong bringing these to a party or potluck.”—Jan Roberts, San Pedro, California
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 12 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Minced fresh cilantro
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a
- small bowl, mash yolks. Add the mayonnaise, chipotle peppers,
- capers, mustard, salt and white pepper; mix well. Stuff or pipe into
- egg whites. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed egg half equals 74 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 116 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.