- 12 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Minced fresh cilantro
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Add the mayonnaise, chipotle peppers, capers, mustard, salt and white pepper; mix well. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 2 dozen.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Smokin' Hot Deviled Eggs
Sort By :
"I've made this recipe several times! Only thing i do differently for my family is double the chipotles!"
"I made these twice now. They are a spicy treat! I could not find the chipote in adobo sauce so used drained, chopped hot peppers & a natural hickory liquid smoke instead."
"These were interesting... Not a big fan, sadly."
"Made these for a 4th of July BBQ added pickled jalapeno's in place of capers. Super good and spicy!!!"
"Let's try this again! I chose to leave out the chipotle peppers (I do not care for them). These eggs were good without them. They were a hit!"