Smoked Turkey Sausage Pizza Recipe
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) pizza crust mix
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2/3 cup Ragú® Homemade Style Pizza Sauce
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. Prepare pizza dough according to package directions. Place dough on a greased baking sheet. With floured hands, press into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Bake at 425° for 3 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute peppers until crisp-tender.
- 3. Spread pizza sauce over crust to within 1 in. of edges. Top with sauteed vegetables, sausage, mushrooms and onions. Combine cheeses and oregano; sprinkle over pizza.
- 4. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece equals 285 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 1,166 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.