Turkey sausage gives this easy, cheesy classic smoky flavor. It's so simple, you can fix it any weeknight. —Ruth Ann Bott, Lake Wales, Florida
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) pizza crust mix
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Prepare pizza dough according to package directions. Place dough on a greased baking sheet. With floured hands, press into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Bake at 425° for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute peppers until crisp-tender.
- Spread pizza sauce over crust to within 1 in. of edges. Top with sauteed vegetables, sausage, mushrooms and onions. Combine cheeses and oregano; sprinkle over pizza.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Smoked Turkey Sausage Pizza in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011, p63
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Smoked Turkey Sausage Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review