Smoked Trout Pate Recipe
- 1 pound flaked smoked trout
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Assorted crackers
- 1. Place the first seven ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a small bowl. Chill until serving.
- 2. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2-2/3 cups.
2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers) equals 65 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 20 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.