Smoked Trout Cucumber Canapes Recipe
“Guests thought I had these elegant appetizers catered when I served them at my last party,” says Debora Ross of Hamilton, Ohio. Our Taste Testers loved the combination with its warm, creamy spread on cool, crunchy cucumber slices.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 4-1/2 ounces smoked trout or salmon fillets, flaked
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 24 cucumber slices (1/4 inch thick)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the trout, cream cheese, onion, dill, lemon juice, horseradish and lemon peel. Spread over each cucumber slice. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 24 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC