Smoked Trout & Hearts of Palm Bites Recipe
I've had great luck finding hearts of palm in the canned vegetable section at the grocery store. In a pinch, you can use quartered artichoke hearts in place of the the hearts of palms and still end up with a great tasting dish. —Lori Stefanishion, Drumheller, Alberta
- 1 can (14 ounces) hearts of palm, drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 24 bagel chips
- 6 ounces smoked trout, broken into 24 portions
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1. Cut hearts of palm widthwise into thin slices. Spread bagel chips with half of the cream cheese; layer with hearts of palm and trout. Garnish with remaining cream cheese and capers. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 91 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC