Smoked Shrimp & Wild Mushroom Fettuccine Recipe
- 2 cups soaked mesquite wood chips
- 10 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1. Add wood chips to grill according to manufacturer’s directions.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Thread shrimp onto two metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once.
- 3. Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute broccoli and mushrooms in oil until tender. Add garlic and salt; cook 1 minute longer. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Gradually stir in cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until thickened.
- 4. Drain fettuccine. Add to sauce mixture with shrimp. Cook and stir until heated through; gently stir in tomato. Yield: 5 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 686 calories, 43g fat (23g saturated fat), 192mg cholesterol, 247mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein .
Reviews for Smoked Shrimp & Wild Mushroom Fettuccine
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.