Smoked Sausages with Mustard Sauce Recipe
Miniature sausages are a welcome sight at any party. I keep the ingredients for this always-pleasing appetizer on hand so I can whip it up on a moment's notice.—Doris Heath, Franklin, North Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:42 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature smoked sausages
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1. In a large skillet, brown sausages in oil; drain and keep warm.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, mustard, flour and salt. Stir in cream until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 1 minute longer.
- 3. Remove from the heat and gently stir in vinegar. Pour over sausages; serve warm. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 59 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 142 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC