- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature smoked sausages
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- In a large skillet, brown sausages in oil; drain and keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, mustard, flour and salt. Stir in cream until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 1 minute longer.
- Remove from the heat and gently stir in vinegar. Pour over sausages; serve warm. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Smoked Sausages with Mustard Sauce in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p17
Reviews for Smoked Sausages with Mustard Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review