Smoked Sausage with Vegetables Recipe
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen garden vegetable medley
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound smoked sausage
- Cook vegetables according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the water, ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, honey, mustard, paprika, salt, sugar, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Add sausage.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened and sausage is heated through, stirring occasionally and turning sausage once. Serve with the vegetable medley. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Smoked Sausage with Vegetables(4)
Sort By :
Wasn't very impressed with this recipe. Easy to make, but kind of tasted like hot dogs with extra tangy ketchup.
This was really good and convenient since I had all the ingredients for the sauce on hand. Surprisingly yummy!
This sausage recipe is delicious! The sauce has a wonderful flavor that you will make over and over again. One piece of advice...do NOT use anything but smoked sausage in this recipe. Once I used keilbasa and it was not the same. Super easy to make and a winner in my home.