Smoked Sausage with Penne and Veggies Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked Daily Chef Penne Rigate
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 2 to 3 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in oil until crisp-tender.
- Add the sausage, tomatoes, zucchini, corn, water, salt, basil, garlic and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta; toss with sausage mixture. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Smoked Sausage with Penne and Veggies(6)
Sort By :
Made this last night - we loved it! Great recipe!
I make this alot,some times i add what veggies are on hand. mushrooms lots of onion more like a cup.
This recipe taste very good. I used the wheat penne and canned zucchini with tomato sauce instead since I have no fresh zucchini on hand. It still taste great. Thanks, Taste Of Home.
I used the smoked turkey sausage to make it healthier. It was very good.
I've made this several times, using smoked turkey sausage and whole grain pasta. Fast, easy and delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Sausage Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >