- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 2 to 3 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in oil until crisp-tender.
- Add the sausage, tomatoes, zucchini, corn, water, salt, basil, garlic and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta; toss with sausage mixture. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Smoked Sausage with Penne and Veggies
"Used pre cooked pasta and left out water. Still had plenty of juice."
"Made this last night - we loved it! Great recipe!"
"I make this alot,some times i add what veggies are on hand. mushrooms lots of onion more like a cup."
"This recipe taste very good. I used the wheat penne and canned zucchini with tomato sauce instead since I have no fresh zucchini on hand. It still taste great. Thanks, Taste Of Home."
"I used the smoked turkey sausage to make it healthier. It was very good."