Smoked Sausage with Pasta
Chock-full of sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes and basil flavor, this quick recipe satisfies the toughest critics. "It's one of my husband's favorite dishes, and he has no idea it's lower in fat," writes Ruth Ann Ruddell from Shelby, Michigan. "Add a green salad for a delicious meal."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound smoked turkey kielbasa, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups julienned seeded plum tomatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- nonstick skillet, saute the sausage, mushrooms, garlic and basil in
- oil until mushrooms are tender. Drain pasta; add to the sausage
- mixture. Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper; toss gently. Heat
- through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 258 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 611 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon