Smoked Sausage with Pasta Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound smoked turkey kielbasa, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups julienned seeded plum tomatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the sausage, mushrooms, garlic and basil in oil until mushrooms are tender. Drain pasta; add to the sausage mixture. Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper; toss gently. Heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 258 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 611mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Smoked Sausage with Pasta
"This was very tasty! I did add julienned bell peppers and used a can of Italian tomatoes. This will definitely go into my rotation for dinner."
"I like to add julienned bell peppers to be sauteed with the sausage, mushrooms and garlic. My husband has suggested onions too, but I haven't tried that yet."
"This recipe is really great you can also try it with penne pasta"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.