Chock-full of sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes and basil flavor, this quick recipe satisfies the toughest critics. "It's one of my husband's favorite dishes, and he has no idea it's lower in fat," writes Ruth Ann Ruddell from Shelby, Michigan. "Add a green salad for a delicious meal."
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound smoked turkey kielbasa, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups julienned seeded plum tomatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the sausage, mushrooms, garlic and basil in oil until mushrooms are tender. Drain pasta; add to the sausage mixture. Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper; toss gently. Heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Smoked Sausage with Pasta in Light & Tasty February/March 2003, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Smoked Sausage with Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review