Smoked Sausage Supper Recipe
I don't recall where I first found this recipe, but it's been a favorite in our household for over 40 years. Our nine children now make it in their homes, too. I like to serve this dish as a main course with cabbage salad, but it works well on a brunch menu,too.
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 ounces smoked kielbasa or other link sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple and juice aside.
- 2. Heat oil in a skillet; cook the sausage, onion, green pepper and celery until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the tomatoes, beef broth, garlic, brown sugar and pepper; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and reserved pineapple juice until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in reserved pineapple. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC