- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 ounces smoked kielbasa or other link sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple and juice aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet; cook the sausage, onion, green pepper and celery until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the tomatoes, beef broth, garlic, brown sugar and pepper; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and reserved pineapple juice until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in reserved pineapple. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Smoked Sausage Supper
"Even my pickiest eaters loved it! Will definetely be making it again and again."
"We liked it! We all love smoked sausage but were kind of leary about the pineapple. Everyone seems to like it. The younger kids didn't care for the pineapple but both my hubby and I thought it was real good. I did not do the tomatoes because we just don't care for them in dishes. I substituted a real good spaghetti sauce in its place."
"I made then and was a little hesitant with the brown sugar and pineapples bing mixed with beef broth and tomatoes and my family and I love it! It has the perfect combo of flavors with all the different ingredients!"
"This was good. I used the leftover with the rice to make into soup. Just threw it all into a pot of beef broth, and it was pretty tasty."
"Very good, even hubby loved it. Was a nice change for using smoked sausage."
"Loved it and I don't care for smoked sausage that much. Will make again!!"
"we liked this and used smoked turkey sausage, however next time we would leave out the tomatoes and perhaps exchange the beef broth for chicken broth and maybe use water chestnuts instead of the pineapple"
"I used smoked turkey sausage to make it healthy."