Smoked Sausage Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 pound fully cooked smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry sausage in oil over medium heat until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Add the peppers, onion and seasonings. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Add the tomatoes; cook 1 minute longer. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup sausage mixture with 1 cup rice) equals 421 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 981 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer