Smoked Sausage Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 pound fully cooked smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry sausage in oil over medium heat until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Add the peppers, onion and seasonings. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Add the tomatoes; cook 1 minute longer. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 421 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 981mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Smoked Sausage Stir-Fry
"This is pretty good. Of six of us two loved it and the others didn't like or dislike it."
"This was a very good recipe, and quite a nice change from a thick tomato-based sausage gumbo. I added some crushed red peppers and some chopped sweet chilies to spice it up a bit. I will definitely make this again."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer