For Sandi Towne of Sauk Village, Illinois, a dish needs to look as good as it tastes. "Appearance is important," she contends. "This eye-catching stir-fry is a prime example. The colorful peppers and tomatoes contrast nicely with the sausage, and the whole thing is delicious!"
- 1 pound fully cooked smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry sausage in oil over medium heat until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Add the peppers, onion and seasonings. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Add the tomatoes; cook 1 minute longer. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Smoked Sausage Stir-Fry in Light & Tasty June/July 2001, p48
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Smoked Sausage Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review