Smoked Sausage-Spinach Salad
—Taste of Home Cooking School
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces Eckrich® Smoked Sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 2 teaspoons maple pancake syrup
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 large mango, peeled and diced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet, cook and stir sausage over medium heat for 5
- minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from the heat. Stir in
- beans; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt, mustard and syrup; set aside. Divide
- spinach among four bowls or plates; top with the sausage mixture,
- mango and onions. Drizzle with yogurt mixture. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.