Smoked Sausage Soup Recipe
This rich soup is packed with vegetables, sausage and chicken. I guarantee it's unlike any other soup you've ever tasted.
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 cups sliced celery
- 3 cups sliced summer squash
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook on high for 5-6 hours or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1-1/2 cups equals 328 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 1,112 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC