- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 cups sliced celery
- 3 cups sliced summer squash
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook on high for 5-6 hours or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Smoked Sausage Soup
Sort By :
"This was just okay - I would not make again."
"This was very good.......I was afraid two tabelspoons of sage would be too much though, and I preferred that the smokiness of the sausage come through, so I only added about on half teaspoon of each spice. The results were great! We served it by putting mashed potatoes in soup bowls and putting the soup over the top. Yum!"
"My whole family loves this. Perfect for a rainy day!"
"Husband liked it, but I didn't like the seasonings so much."
"love the ingredients...did not use squash though"