Smoked Sausage Skillet
When the clock is ticking closer to dinnertime and you're nowhere near ready to call the clan to dinner, reach for this recipe. Fully cooked sausage and quick-cooking cabbage make this meal-in-one a true time-saver.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or smoked Polish sausage, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 2 cups cooked pasta
- In a large skillet, saute the sausage, cabbage and celery in oil for
- 5 minutes; drain. Add the mustard, garlic salt and sage. Cook and
- stir over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are
- tender. Stir in noodles; cook until heated through. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 504 calories, 35 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 1,655 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer