- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or smoked Polish sausage, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 2 cups cooked pasta
- In a large skillet, saute the sausage, cabbage and celery in oil for 5 minutes; drain. Add the mustard, garlic salt and sage. Cook and stir over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in noodles; cook until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Smoked Sausage Skillet
Sort By :
Surprisingly delicious! I needed a quick supper last night and had everything this recipe called for, cooked it up lickety-split. Hubby gobbled it up even though he claims he doesn't care for cabbage. This will definitely be a repeat performer in our home!
I love this site for recipes!
I would definitely do again, but the noodles are overkill. I did it w/out them and it was fine.
Delicious and easy!
the great thing about this recipe is that you can change the seasonings around. I didn't want to use Dijon mustard so I substituted cumin which gave it a mexican flavor. You could also add parsley, basil, and oregano to make it more italian. It would taste great with zucchini added too!