Smoked Sausage Scramble Recipe
"I came up with this recipe one morning when we had smoked sausage leftover from the day before - and my husband loved it," relates Stephanie Leven of Warsaw, Missouri. The combination of spicy sausage, spinach, eggs, potato and cheese makes a hearty morning meal or a satisfying light supper.
- 1 medium potato, cubed
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup torn fresh spinach
- 1 cup cubed smoked sausage
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 slices American cheese, diced
- 1. In a large skillet, cook potato and onion in oil until potato is tender; add spinach and sausage.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and water. Pour over sausage mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat, until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 572 calories, 40 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 484 mg cholesterol, 1,161 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Smoked Sausage Scramble
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC