Smoked Sausage Saute Recipe
—Taste of Home Cooking School
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 package (16 ounces) Eckrich® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from the skillet; set aside.
- 2. To the same skillet, add oil, zucchini and onion; cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in sausage, tomatoes, garlic salt, oregano and pepper. Cook, uncovered, until heated through, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Drain pasta and place on serving platter. Top with sausage mixture. If desired, sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC