- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1-1/2 cups frozen broccoli cuts
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red, yellow and/or green pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook spaghetti according to package directions, adding broccoli, pepper and onion during the last 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, bring sausage and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-8 minutes or until heated through. Add the milk, butter and Italian seasoning; cook and stir until butter is melted.
- Drain spaghetti and vegetables; return to the pan. Add cheese and sausage mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Smoked Sausage Primavera
"It could use a little more sauce, but is good for a quick meal."
"This was very good - nice use of smoked sausage. Next time I'll probably leave out the broccoli and increase the peppers."
"Surprisingly delicious and super easy and fast! I doubled the amount of sausage since we love the taste of more meat in each bite. Definitely a keeper."
"Wasn't sure about using the evaporated milk, as I'm not crazy about the taste of it, but I couldn't tell it was in there, and the whole dish was wonderful! It went together quickly and we all loved it....definitely a keeper to make often."
"This is now a regular at our home. It is great warm or cold as a leftover for a packed lunch the next day! Great color too!"