“This recipe is so simple and fast,” writes Misty Church from St. Petersburg, Florida. “My family loves Italian food, and this delicious creamy sauce is a nice change of pace from tomato-based dishes.”
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1-1/2 cups frozen broccoli cuts
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red, yellow and/or green pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook spaghetti according to package directions, adding broccoli, pepper and onion during the last 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, bring sausage and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-8 minutes or until heated through. Add the milk, butter and Italian seasoning; cook and stir until butter is melted.
- Drain spaghetti and vegetables; return to the pan. Add cheese and sausage mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Smoked Sausage Primavera in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p26
Reviews for Smoked Sausage Primavera
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review