Smoked Sausage Primavera Recipe
“This recipe is so simple and fast,” writes Misty Church from St. Petersburg, Florida. “My family loves Italian food, and this delicious creamy sauce is a nice change of pace from tomato-based dishes.”
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1-1/2 cups frozen broccoli cuts
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red, yellow and/or green pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook spaghetti according to package directions, adding broccoli, pepper and onion during the last 4 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, bring sausage and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-8 minutes or until heated through. Add the milk, butter and Italian seasoning; cook and stir until butter is melted.
- 3. Drain spaghetti and vegetables; return to the pan. Add cheese and sausage mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC