Smoked Sausage Potato Bake Recipe
My mom passed this recipe along to me. I often fix it for company because it's pleasing to the eye as well as the appetite. I rarely have leftovers, since second helpings are a given.—Joanne Werner, La Porte, Indiana
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 2/3 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-2/3 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound smoked sausage links, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the water, milk, 4 tablespoons butter and salt to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in potato flakes. Let stand for 30 seconds or until liquid is absorbed. Whip with a fork until fluffy. Stir in sour cream and cheddar cheese.
- 2. Spoon half into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with sausage and remaining potatoes. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.
- 3. Melt remaining butter and toss with bread crumbs; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and edges are golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 662 calories, 49 g fat (26 g saturated fat), 140 mg cholesterol, 1,382 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Smoked Sausage Potato Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC