- 1-3/4 cups water
- 2/3 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-2/3 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, milk, 4 tablespoons butter and salt to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in potato flakes. Let stand for 30 seconds or until liquid is absorbed. Whip with a fork until fluffy. Stir in sour cream and cheddar cheese.
- Spoon half into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with sausage and remaining potatoes. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.
- Melt remaining butter and toss with bread crumbs; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and edges are golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Smoked Sausage Potato Bake
Sort By :
"It was very good and really easy to make ."
"husband ate it but no one else would. just an odd flavor for us, maybe mind over matter for me."
"Not sure what i did wrong but it is very mushy I am thinking it was the instant potatoes i used will try it again with different potatoes or homemade mashed potatoes. I added some onion and garlic powder to it so taste is awesome but to mushy will try again"
"Oh my word! So good! Needed a quick dinner and decided to try this out since I had most of the ingredients, and let me tell you, I will be making this again! I just put some cracker crumbs on top instead of bread crumbs, but still delish. I actually gave my mother this recipe today and she's trying it out on my dad tonight! Great comfort food!"
"Vaery boring. Not much taste to this recipe, only real flavor comes from the cheese. Extremely heavy meal."