Smoked Sausage Pockets Recipe
"These sausage-and-egg sandwiches are always a hit," writes Jan Badovinac of Harrison, Arkansas. The golden crust has a complete meal hidden inside, so it's perfect for folks on the run.
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- 16 miniature smoked sausage links
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, parsley, seasoned salt and pepper until blended. Stir in cheddar cheese; set aside. In a large skillet,heat butter until hot. Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set.
- 2. Separate biscuits into eight pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a 5-in. circle. On each circle, spread about 2 tablespoons of cream cheese mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat egg white and water; lightly brush over edges of dough. Top with scrambled eggs and two sausage links. Fold dough over; seal edges and press together with a fork.
- 4. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with remaining egg white mixture. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 400 calories, 26g fat (11g saturated fat), 174mg cholesterol, 1073mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein
Reviews for Smoked Sausage Pockets
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC