- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- 16 miniature smoked sausage links
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, parsley, seasoned salt and pepper until blended. Stir in cheddar cheese; set aside. In a large skillet,heat butter until hot. Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set.
- Separate biscuits into eight pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a 5-in. circle. On each circle, spread about 2 tablespoons of cream cheese mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- In a small bowl, beat egg white and water; lightly brush over edges of dough. Top with scrambled eggs and two sausage links. Fold dough over; seal edges and press together with a fork.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with remaining egg white mixture. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Smoked Sausage Pockets in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p12
Reviews for Smoked Sausage Pockets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review