Smoked Sausage Pasta
“One of the things I like most about this is that you can chill leftovers and have an equally delicious sausage pasta salad later in the week.” Jasen Guillermo - Tucson, Arizona
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2-2/3 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1 cup coarsely chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute the sausage, carrots, green pepper and onion in oil
- until sausage is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Drain pasta; place in a large bowl. Add sausage mixture and olives.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve warm or chilled.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cups equals 755 calories, 48 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 1,964 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.