- 2-2/3 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1 cup coarsely chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the sausage, carrots, green pepper and onion in oil until sausage is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Drain pasta; place in a large bowl. Add sausage mixture and olives. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Smoked Sausage Pasta
Sort By :
I made this with gluten-free tricolor rotini and my husband loved it! And it was super easy!
This is an easy and delicious recipe. I have made this many times since it first came out in my magazine. In fact I am making it again tonight. I was looking up the recipe to make sure I had everything on hand I needed.
The beauty of this recipe is that you can use any kind of pasta, any kind of dressing and add tons of garden fresh vegetables if desired. It can be served warm or cold. It is simply YUMMY! The possibilites are limitless.
we LOVE this recipe...of course you can use any kind of pasta. I have used bowtie and it was just as good. This is a go-to meal for my house when I don't have a lot of time and want something filling!