“One of the things I like most about this is that you can chill leftovers and have an equally delicious sausage pasta salad later in the week.” Jasen Guillermo - Tucson, Arizona
- 2-2/3 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1 cup coarsely chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the sausage, carrots, green pepper and onion in oil until sausage is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Drain pasta; place in a large bowl. Add sausage mixture and olives. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Smoked Sausage Pasta in Simple & Delicious January/February 2009, p45
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Smoked Sausage Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review