Smoked Sausage Ole Appetizer
Taste of Home Cooking School
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) Eckrich® Smoked Sausage, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3/4 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 6 green onions, sliced
- Tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook and stir sausage over medium heat until
- lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Remove sausage; drain any fat and
- wipe skillet with paper towel. Return sausage to skillet; stir in
- salsa. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine beans and sour cream. Spread onto a large serving
- platter. Top with the sausage mixture, tomatoes, olives and onions.
- Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 12 servings.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.