Smoked Sausage Minestrone
Taste of Home Cooking School
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup cooked small pasta shells
- 4 ounces Eckrich® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup stewed tomatoes with liquid, cut up
- 1 cup V8 juice
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine broth and water; bring to a boil. Add
- zucchini and pasta; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cook uncovered
- until pasta is tender, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in sausage, tomatoes and V8 juice; cook, uncovered, until heated
- through, about 5 minutes. Top each serving with Parmesan cheese.
- Yield: 4 servings.