These are a convenient entree since the ingredients can be cut, marinated and threaded ahead of time. Then they go immediately from the fridge to the grill or broiler.—Mrs. Ruth Lee, Troy, Ontario
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/4 pounds smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into eight wedges
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add the sausage and vegetables; toss to coat. Drain and reserve marinade.
- On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread sausage and vegetables. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until vegetables are tender and sausage is heated through, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Smoked Sausage Kabobs in Country Woman March/April 2005, p39
Reviews for Smoked Sausage Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review