- 1 package (8 ounces) jambalaya mix
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked beef sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup each chopped green, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- Microwave jambalaya mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, saute sausage in a large nonstick skillet. Add onion and peppers; saute 4-5 minutes longer or until tender. Add tomatoes and heat through. Stir into jambalaya mixture. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Smoked Sausage Jambalaya(6)
Sort By :
I added chicken and shrimp and a little extra water so it wouldn't dry out-excellent!
Fast, easy and very flavorful!
This was so incredibly easy to make and tasted wonderful! Not to mention, the leftovers were just as tasty.
Well, I was making this recipe and for some reason, my jambalaya mix burned to a crisp in the microwave... I swear I put the correct amount of water in - the package said 25 minutes on high which seemed a bit much to me... Anyway, thank God the sausage and veggies were cooked separately! I just cooked some instant rice and used that instead, and added some garlic and cajun seasoning... It was delicious!
I tried this because my husband loves jambalaya. It was easy to make and even tasted better the next day. Next time I will add shrimp.