- 1 package (8 ounces) jambalaya mix
- 1 package (14 ounces) Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup each chopped green, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- Microwave jambalaya mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, saute sausage in a large nonstick skillet. Add onion and peppers; saute 4-5 minutes longer or until tender. Add tomatoes and heat through. Stir into jambalaya mixture. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Smoked Sausage Jambalaya
Sort By :
"Great easy weeknight dinner! Made as directed except I substituted fresh over-ripe August tomatoes for the canned. Nice way to use up a bounty of fresh peppers and tomatoes. Have also added leftover chopped ham. Teenage sons have practiced their veggie chopping skills with this recipe!"
"We liked this recipe. Yes, it's from a box, however, it was quick and good, so we are happy. I did substiture turkey sausage for the smoked sausage."
"The only objection I have with these box mixes is the SALT. Otherwise, I usually make my jambalaya from scratch. It is not difficult and we find time to make it ahead, let it age a day in the frig and it tastes better than the box mix."
"I would make this again. My hubby loves this kind of dish. I am not a "chef" so I appreciate all the advice and help I can get. Especially from those who do it gently. I will probably add chicken the next time."
"Sometimes a box mix can do for a quick dinner, and especially good when adding other things as this one is. Zatarain is a great box mix espically with extra chicken, shrimp and sausage. We are not all professional chefs here, so some of us appreciate quick and easy meals.....especially since I don't expect to cook for governors, senators, mayors, or police chiefs. I also don't think it is necessary to be a cooking snob to others who are just trying to help those less familiar in the kitchen. Remember the old saying your mom brought you up with, "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!""