Smoked Sausage Appetizers
A savory, sweet sauce with a touch of currant jelly glazes these yummy little sausages. They make a great appetizer, and both adults and kids seem to love these baby hot dogs. —Kathryn Bainbridge, PA Furnace, Pennsylvania
32 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup red currant jelly
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 packages (1 pound each) miniature smoked sausages, drained
- In a large saucepan, combine the jelly, barbecue sauce and mustard.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium heat, for 15-20 minutes or until jelly
- is melted and mixture is smooth, stirring occasionally.
- Add sausages; stir to coat. Cover and cook 5-6 minutes longer or
- until heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve with toothpicks.
- Yield: 8 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 106 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 345 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a blush wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with M.Chapoutier Côtes du Rhône Belleruche Rosé 2013
, light, sweet and pink. A perfect wine for just enjoying on its own or with lighter fare. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now