Smoked Sausage Appetizers Recipe
A savory, sweet sauce with a touch of currant jelly glazes these yummy little sausages. They make a great appetizer, and both adults and kids seem to love these baby hot dogs. —Kathryn Bainbridge, PA Furnace, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:32 servings
- 3/4 cup red currant jelly
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 packages (1 pound each) miniature smoked sausages, drained
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the jelly, barbecue sauce and mustard. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat, for 15-20 minutes or until jelly is melted and mixture is smooth, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Add sausages; stir to coat. Cover and cook 5-6 minutes longer or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve with toothpicks. Yield: 8 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 106 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 345 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC