Banana peppers add extra flavor and color to this super skillet recipe from field editor LaDonna Reed of Ponca City, Oklahoma. “The heat level can easily be adjusted to your own taste,” says LaDonna. “Just put in more or less of what you like.”
Recommended: 50 Hearty Breakfast Casseroles
- 2 small red potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/2 to 1 mild banana pepper, cut into rings
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/3 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine potatoes and water. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until almost tender; drain well.
- In a small skillet, saute the potatoes, peppers, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in sausage and coleslaw mix; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Smoked Sausage and Veggies in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p62
Reviews for Smoked Sausage and Veggies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review