- 4-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 3 small carrots, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound smoked sausage, halved and thinly sliced
- 2-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first 10 ingredients. bring to a boil. reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in sausage and hash browns. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Smoked Sausage and Potato Soup
Sort By :
"making it for years...love it!!"
"btw... I would like to add that I have changed this soup up in different ways to suit my taste and used different foods and spices that I have on hand. This is great as is or good base to get going if you want to get creative."
"one of my favorites...simple and delicious :o)"
"I thought this was good, but not outstanding. The broth was tasty, but since it was so thick, more like a stew than a soup, I added another couple cups of water with about a tablespoon of beef broth. So flavor was really good, but I think the texture of the hashbrowns made it a little funky for my taste."
"This is quick easy and delicious. Makes a great dish for pot lucks at church or work! We've been making this since our four kids were in junior high and high school. Now they are all out on their own and it is one of the recipes they have all taken with them!"