"Whenever I serve this thick stew-like soup to new friends, they never fail to ask for the recipe," reports Marge Wheeler of San Benito, Texas. Each satisfying bowl is chock-full of tasty smoked sausage, hash browns, green beans, carrots and more.
- 4-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 3 small carrots, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound smoked sausage, halved and thinly sliced
- 2-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first 10 ingredients. bring to a boil. reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in sausage and hash browns. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Smoked Sausage Soup in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p48
Reviews for Smoked Sausage and Potato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review