—Taste of Home Cooking School
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 package (16 ounces) Eckrich® Polska Kielbasa, halved lenghwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and liquid reserved
- 1/2 cup roasted chopped sweet red peppers
- 1 can (2-1/2 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a medium saucepan, bring water and garlic salt to a boil; stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet saute sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is lightly browned. Place couscous in a serving bowl; fluff with a fork. Add sausage mixture, artichokes, peppers and olives; mix gently. If mixture is dry, stir in 1-2 tablespoons reserved artichoke marinade. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Smoked Sausage and Couscous in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Winter 2009, p76
Reviews for Smoked Sausage and Couscous
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review