- 1 package (16 ounces) Eckrich® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 jar (15 ounces) process cheese sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine sausage, rice, peas, onion, red pepper and cheese sauce; season with salt and pepper. Spoon into a 2-qt. baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 375° for 20-30 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Smoked Sausage and Cheesy Rice Casserole in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Winter 2009, p62
Reviews for Smoked Sausage and Cheesy Rice Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2014
"WE LOVED IT!"
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2014
"This was a terrible recipe. It was bland and sticky."