Field editor Vicki Raatz of Waterloo, Wisconsin shares this easy appetizer that pairs fresh cherry tomatoes with smoked salmon. Get your deck party or other summer gathering off to a delicious start with these colorful little bites.
- 24 cherry tomatoes (about 1 pint)
- 1 package (3 ounces) smoked salmon or lox, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out and discard pulp; invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stuff into tomatoes. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Smoked Salmon Tomato Cups in Taste of Home June/July 2007, p49
Reviews for Smoked Salmon Tomato Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2014
"Very good, nice light appetizer."