Smoked Salmon Tea Sandwiches Recipe
This is one of several kinds of finger sandwiches my wife, Michelle, and I served for an English tea. We planned this fun theme party to celebrate the Queen's birthday in April. —Chuck Hinz, Parma, Ohio
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 9 thin slices white sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1 package (4 ounces) smoked salmon or lox
- Dill sprigs
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Spread over each slice of bread; cut each into four triangles. Top with salmon. Garnish with dill sprigs. Yield: 3 dozen.
2 sandwiches equals 120 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 259 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC