Smoked Salmon Rolls
Even though I've been making these rich roll-ups for more than 30 years, they're always the first appetizers to disappear at parties. The recipe comes from my grandmother.—Radelle Knappenberger, Oviedo, Florida
32 ServingsPrep: 40 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water
- 3 packages (3 ounces each) smoked salmon or lox, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- Place flour in a large bowl; cut in cream cheese and butter until
- crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms
- a ball.
- Divide dough in half. Between two sheets of waxed paper, roll each
- portion into a 9-in. circle. Chill for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Sprinkle salmon and onion to within 1/2 in. of edges. Cut each
- circle into 16 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide ends and place
- point side down 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Brush with
- Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Yield: 32 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 84 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium,